Here follows a brief introduction to the CFUK Market Plugin. Commands
Description of commands
will tell you how much money you have. With money you can buy items.
In order to buy a stack you need to have at least one of the item you require, select it in your inventory (hold it in your hand) and type /check
to check how much it will cost to buy a stack of that item. Then you can type /buy
to purchase a stack.
You can get money in two ways:
The first method is to sell items to the market. You select a full stack in your inventory and choose /sell
. If the market has enough money it will buy the stack from you. To check if the market has money type /statistics
. Using /check
will tell you how much you will get per stack.
The second method is to deposit gold. While gold ingots are selected in your inventory type /deposit
, these gold ingots are deposited into your account, crediting your account by 1 for each gold ingot in the current selection. You do not have to have a full stack when depositing.
You can withdraw your gold from the market by typing /withdraw
While I refer above to money
, the terms are also comparable to gold
, though selling gold ingots is not the best way to put gold into your balance as the value of gold can vary with the market.
Currently the value of items will vary with their availability. As items become more abundant in the market their cost will drop (i.e. cobble is very cheap because there is a LOT available). In order to help reduce the cost of items and to help with stock levels you can donate items to the market. This is done by selecting a full stack and typing /donate
. You receive no credits/money/gold for donating, a warm fuzzy feeling is about the best you can expect.
Interest is added to your balance on a daily and session basis, and requires that you log in to the server to receive any interest.Caveats
- Only items that can be fully stacked (a stack of 64 items) can be bought from or sold to the market. Items such as tools, armor, signs, snow etc. which cannot be stacked (or only makes stacks of 16) are not yet available.
- The market can run out of money/credit/gold and you will not be able to sell to the market at these times. Use /statistics to see how much gold the market has for purchasing. If the market is out of money then you could look at buying stacks of something you require in order to sell something you don't need (this assumes you have gold in your balance).
- Selling items to the market will earn you slightly less than half their sale value, (sale value / 2) - 1 to be precise. Trading between players may get you a more profitable exchange.
- If you /buy while your inventory is full you will still be charged for your purchase but you will either drop the bought items or they will not be delivered to you at all. Ensure that you have sufficient space in your inventory to receive the goods you are buying.
- Prices change in the market depending on various factors including the quantity of an item stored in the market. If you are buying or selling more than one stack the price may change between transactions. You can use /check at any time to check the price of an item or how much you will be given when selling an item.
- Stock on the market will reflect the rarity of items in the actual game. Please donate kittable or abundant items to devalue them and make it harder for one person to drain the market of gold.
- People will constantly mine gold and add to their balance. This means that gold will eventually devalue. Making some of those ridiculous prices reasonable.
- The CFUK Market Plugin may be modified or updated and this tutorial may be rendered innacurate or obsolete.
- (edit 09/09/11 /chk is now /check)
- (reposted 14/01/12 to the tutorials forum)
- (edit 17/01/12 /statistics, /withdraw and caveats added to tutorial)